Drop bag - Bring a large duffel bag for your aid station 3 drop bag. Please have all your gear fit inside this bag, and not tied to the outside.
Racers must have the following gear with you leaving aid station 3:
- medium sized backpack for the climb.
- climbing helmet
- climbing harness
- ice axe or whippet
- 1 locking carabiner for your harness.
- 2 twistlock carabiners for your lanyards.
- crampons with 1 inch teeth (no Yack tracks or Micro spikes) Kahtoola type okay.
- polarized sunglasses
- 2 liter water container
Clothing - absolutely no cotton
- extra upper base layer
- puffy upper insulation layer - down or synthetic loft
- waterproof jacket with hood
- waterproof shell pants
- waterproof gloves
- waterproof boots or shoes
- 2 beanies
- 2 pair wool socks
- snowshoes - On average the snow will be hard on the way up in the early morning and soft and punchy on the return. Lightweight running snowshoes are recommended. You may temporarily drop these at any aid station on the ascent but but must pick them up and return them to your drop bag.
- Trekking poles with baskets - You may use trekking poles throughout the course. While on the fixed ropes you must have your ice axe in hand.
- A towel to dry off
- Clean dry cloths for the return run to the finish.